Thursday, November 5, 2009

Day 60

Day 60 is Kenpo day.

After a disappointing day yesterday (with the results of question 1 here in Maine) I can think of nothing I would rather do than kick and punch for an hour in the name of all those who had their rights taken from them in the name of fear and hatred.

So the workout goes well. Now I have a few tricks I use with Kenpo, they may be silly, but they work. I have this skull decoration we use at Halloween. When I perch it on top of my television, it ends up being directly at eye level. So for all punches and forward kicks I use this. Today, if I were really connecting, that skull would have taken a beating. As for side and back kicks, I use the back door, specifically the lock that is above the doorknob, to aim for. These tricks ensure me that I am keeping my form and kicking nice and high.

Kenpo...DONE!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea. I should put a picture of my husband on top of my TV. Or my mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete