Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 3

Day 3 is Shoulders and Arms and AbRipper X.

Shoulders and Arms: (60 Minutes) This P90X workout incorporates a potent combination of pressing, curling, and fly movements that will do wonders for the development of the deltoid muscles, biceps and triceps.

I wake up this morning even more sore than yesterday morning. I am like an old lady trying to crawl out of bed. My body doesn't even feel like my body. My body won't move in the ways I need it to. I begin the workout. I use 5 pound weights for all of the exercises. There are many I think that 8 lb weights would be better, but I figure for my first week, I will stick with the 5's. Also, I don't have 8's, so not much of a choice. But as Tony has tracking sheets where you track all your weights and reps for every muscle workout, I made a note to myself to get 8 lb weights for the next workout. This workout has been the easiest so far. I think my arm and shoulder strength is pretty good anyway due to my career. Now when I say easiest, I in NO WAY mean easy!! And I know I will feel it tomorrow.

I go to work, come home, get dinner in the oven, and do the Ab Ripper. My abs are so sore from Monday, that I have a REALLY hard time even completing the workout. But I do the best I can. Still can't get feet off the floor much for the Mason twists.
I wonder if I will ever finish all 50. Scratch that, of course I will! Tony promises....

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog so far. I'm starting P90X next month. I've been working out and lifting weights for a while (over 2 years) and I am so scared of this program! I got it last year and kept putting it off - I did ChaLean Extreme instead and liked it. But I'm determined to do P90X now. I will admit - your blog both terrifies and excites me! I can't wait to start and I really look forward to following your journey!

    You're doing great - keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...thanks Becky! Don't be terrified, if I can do this, anyone can! Let me know when you start. And thanks for the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete