Monday, August 17, 2009

Start Date August 10, 2009

Yes, I know it is actually one week since my start date. It just occured to me to start a blog. I have always wanted to, just wasn't sure I had anything to blog about. And then I decided to let Tony Horton start kicking my ass.
So, I have wanted to start this program for a long time, each week I kept putting it off. Always something that week that would get in the way. I did some of the workouts here and there, but never followed the actual program, and never any of the muscle workouts.
Finally, Sunday August 9th, in a fit of motivation, I went to Dick's Sporting Goods, got myself a chin up bar, and prepared to start the next day.
Now a little background. I am 34, a wife, a mother, a massage therapist, and a waitress. I have struggled with weight my whole life. I was always a tad overweight in high school, even though I was very active. Ballooned up a bit in college. Ballooned up more with a bad first marriage, tipping 200. When I got rid of the baggage of that marriage, I dropped down to about 160-170 without really trying. The day I found out I was pregnant, I weighed 175. At the height of my pregnancy, I weighed 250 pounds. After I stopped breastfeeding, I was about 210. I got serious, joined Weight Watchers, and got down to about 155. That was 4 years ago. I have maintained a fairly normal weight, between 155-160 since then. Seems to be an ok weight, but I have this GUT!!!
I can be a Nazi when it comes to my diet. My struggle? Following any exercise routine for longer than a week. I get bored easily. I make excuses. I flat out don't want to do it. I will be honest, I want to love exercising. Sometimes I do. Sometimes, I would rather eat my shoe.
I am at a point in my life where I need to challenge myself, and I need to see this through. I have found so many blogs from people who start P90X and never finish. My goal is to not be one of those people.
This is going to be my moment, my time to prove that I, this little ole girl from Maine who everybody assumes is just happy, easy going, unassuming, unnoticable, somewhat timid, need a I go on...can BRING IT!
I have taken my before pictures. They are not pretty. I will post them at a later date, that is how not pretty.
So that is a little background. Tomorrow I will blog about my first 8 days in a nutshell, then start day to day blogs from there. Let me just tell you this to keep you hanging. I hurt. I am in pain. Every second. There was one day I couldn't sit down. During my first Plyo workout, I almost barfed. I hurt in muscles I've never felt before, and I am a massage therapist! A little boy kicked me in the pool today in the butt by accident, and I almost punched him! And one more thing, I LOVE it! So Tony, even though I secretly believe you are trying to kill me, BRING IT!

4 comments:

  1. I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I love you, Hillary!!!! I'm honestly, scared out of my mind to even get the set. Pretty much freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, my friend!!! I am excited to follow you & your journey!! love, me

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and don't eat shoes!...they are fattening! hee hee...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Go Girl!!! I'm so proud of you! I've been trying to get into a workout routine for the last month... so I'm also jealous of you! :)

    ReplyDelete