Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 4

Day 4 is normally Yoga X, a 93 minute workout. Because I also have a job and a five year old, I am forced to "tweak" my routine just a bit. I am switching Yoga X day with Kenpo day, which is normally day 6. So...today is Kenpo day for me.

Kenpo X (59 minutes): Kenpo means "law of the fist", and that's exactly what you'll be throwing during this cardio-intense workout, that and a whole bunch of kicks, elbows, knees, and forearms!

I wake up on Day 4 again sore from head to toe in the previous three days spots, with an added bonus of sore triceps, biceps, and pecs. Yehaw! Oh Tony, I'm not backing down yet!
So I start Kenpo. I love the fact that you warm up really good before each workout, because my muscles really need it. I have a hard time moving at first. First few punches and kicks are killer, but than my muscles start to warm, and I discover about 30 minutes in to the workout that Kenpo is absolutely my new FAVORITE thing!! There is something so completely satisfying about spending an hour punching and kicking. This is the only workout so far that when I finished I actually thought (cover your ears Tony) "Man, I don't want that to be over!" AND! I was covered in rivers of sweat.
So to recap, Kenpo rocks, can't wait for the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment