Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Day 38

Day 38 is Back and Biceps and Ab Ripper.

This is my second time doing Back and Biceps, and I realize when I pull out my sheet to record weight/reps that I had meant to purchase 10 pound weights before this workout, because I noted last time I needed to up my weight on almost all exercises. Oops. I will buy them before next workout. So I try and sneak in extra reps (beyond the 15 I already do) on everything. The only ones I feel 8 is enough for now are Reverse Grip Bent over Rows, Open Arm Curls, Congdon Locomotives, and Crouching Cohen Curls. I also need to pick up some 12 pounders for the strip set at the end (and also for later in the program as I progress.) All of my pull up reps go up, but alas, I still cannot do a grown up pull up :(

Anyway, yet another funny from this workout. Midway through during some sort of Bicep curl, Tony yells out "I like to squeeze em out!" Again, I find myself in my house, alone, laughing out loud. The lengths I go to amuse myself....

Ab Ripper is good, after about 20 Mason twists with legs up, I tell myself I think I can do all 50 without dropping my legs. At about rep 33, I prove myself wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Another thing you can do if you don't have heavy enough weights - go slower. I learned that when I did ChaLean Extreme and it has stuck with me all year.

    ReplyDelete