Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Day 44

Day 44 for me is Plyo day.

I wake up feeling really tired and find myself looking for excuses to skip this workout and push it to Saturday. Just when I almost have myself talked in to it, I realize that this kind of thinking just won't do, and I know from experience that 10-15 minutes in to the workout I will feel better, and also will feel better for the rest of the day if I just do it. So I push play....

This may sound strange, but I have realized on the days I am REALLY tired and dragging and think the workout is going to be awful, somehow I dig down deep and find myself working extra hard. I actually think that sometimes my workouts are better on "tired" days then on days I feel good. I don't know if it's all in my head, if I truly am working harder because I have to push myself to do it, or what.

Anyway, Plyo goes great. I finish everything. I can do the tuck jumps now, but when they start doing them double time, I can't do that. I just continue to do them with the little pause (and I add a hop) in between. Rock Star jumps I can do, but not quite as fast as they do.

Guess what tomorrow is?????????

2 comments:

  1. good for you for pushing play! i am so much newer to this than you, but i can relate to what you said about just getting those first 10 minutes in and then feeling so much better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I think when we make ourselves get up and do it on those days when we REALLY want to find every excuse NOT to, we feel instantly empowered and have a little more to give. It's just the GETTING UP that we have to get past.
    Congrats on the great workout! What a fantastic feeling! :-)

    ReplyDelete